Phone Call

My heart filled with new hopes as I saw her name blinking on the screen of my cellphone. She called me at last.

"Hello", I said.

"Hi , When r u coming here?", she asked.

"Well....probably....by the end of dis month. Y did u ask dear?", I talked in my usual way since I was almost sure that she wanted me back in her life. It had happened many a times before.... trivial issues leading to bigger ones. But the next morning we wer always together. We never stayed without talking to each other for more than a day. It was only this time that almost 15 days passed without a single call or msg!!

But there was no reply from the other side.

"Y did u ask dat sweetheart?", I asked again.

She stil didnt reply.

I took the initiative one more time and said ,"Come on Darling....Say something atleast. I wil be coming back soon. What are you doing this weekend? We can go out to your fav.....", I couldnt complete as she interrupted. "I am busy this weekend. I just called you to ask for a favour".

"What favour...??", I said....quite hurt by the way she talked.

"I want all my letters and photographs back the next time you come here...Please dont forget.", her voice seemed emotionless.

I was shocked....couldnt believe that after 15 days of tears and broken heart....She didnt want me back. She just wanted her leters back....not me.

"Ok....I will remember. Nething else?", I tried to talk normal....another useless effort I must say.

"No....nothing else. Bi....and please dont forget"

"Sure. Bi.....I love you", I said. But she didnt hear. She had already kept the phone down.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

welcome to the club....i have been waiting for that call since 4 months now....no uck yet..

Sandip said...

same happnd with me...but mine was way more brutal...and dont wait for her...let her go to hell...find someone else...man life is to be enjoyed and not wasted on one person...now i am back to my flirting ways...i go out with different gals every other day...
Welcome to the club

Sandip said...

and i have put a link on my blog to this blog of yours..hope u dont mind

Sacred Lotus said...

u may b rite but forgetting her is even more difficult....thnx neways...

Sacred Lotus said...

actually....its impossible...

Sandip said...

i understand...in fact no one can understand u better than me...even i haven't forgotten her..yes its impossible...but try to put your mind to other things...play games..flirt with other girls.... u cant forget something that has been a part of you for years...in fact i m not the right person to tell u what to do...even i get depressed even now...celebrated the completion of three years of that broken relationship by hitting on the walls until my hands started bleeding and there was blood on the walls and cut my arm with a blade at three places...but even i know..its not gonna move her...she does not even know..nor does she care....but still sometimes mental pain becomes more than the physical pain....

but hey, dont do anything stupid...u are a BITS guy..u have a great future ahead...u will surely find someone worthy of you and your love....and then u will forget the pain, although you may not forget her

Sandip said...

no point brooding over her....show her that u can live happily without her....

Anonymous said...

it hurts :(

Prakhar said...

It really hurts! I can understand. Let the time pass. Give it a last try, if possible. otherwise, just let the time pass. But, dont loose your career in this process.
-An advice from a person who has been ain this situation.